Office of the Accountant General
The office of the Accountant-General belongs to the finance conglomerate under the supervision of the Ministry of Finance. The Accountant- General of the State Government of Osun is the administrative head of the State Treasury. The Accountant-General is appointed by the Governor and often serve till retirement in accordance with the Public Service Rule.The Accountant-General is charged with the responsibility to manage all receipts and payments of the State to ensure that a proper system of account together with controls exist in every department of the State’s treasury. He also exercises general supervision over the receipts of public revenue and over the expenditure of the State Government.Learn More
To be a leading force in the practice of Public Sector Financial Services
To provide valuable and competitive financial services to the various Stakeholders, and development partners.
Departments and Unit
Treasury and Pension Services
Administration and Supplies
Finance and Accounts
Inspectorate & Mgmt Services
Internal Audit Unit
The Management Team
The Intelectuals behind the success of the State Government of Osun on Finance and Account matters
Objectives of The Office of The Accountant-General
- Prepare for Publication the State Government Accounts.
- Publish Annual Financial Statement of the State Government.
- Monitor the financial operation of all Ministries, Departments and Agencies of Government with a view to ensuring existence of adequate internal controls, compliance with the financial regulations and prudence in public spending.
- Give intelligence and timely report about the finances of the State Government.
- Formulate the Accounting policy of the State Government